The IP address 192.168.1.1 – 192.168.l.l login/admin is the default gateway of almost all the modern ADSL router’s available. There is a number of other IP address, which is similar to it and they are 192.168.x.x, and a few others are 10.0.0.1 and even 192.168.0.1, followed by a number of others. They are also called host addresses.
The Tasks That You Can do
In order to access the router, you will have to enter 192.168.1.1 in the address bar of your browser. Once you are able to access the admin panel of the router, you can do a number of tasks and get several options like DNS, proxy, IP based QoS, WAN, security options, DHCP, MAC, WPS, PPPoE, and a number of several other options.
The Way to Login
- You will have to type http://192.168.1.1 on your browser address bar manually. If the IP address is not that, you will find IP address of your router from the article.
- You have to enter the username as well as a password to login into your router panel of administration.
- If you forget the default username and password, you can follow the instructions given here.
- If you don’t know the username and the password, and you never changed it before, you can find the username as well as a password, in the label that is present with the router’s serial number, and the login address will also be there.
Steps After for Getting Username and Password
- If you remember that you change the password, but forgot it, you will have to reset the router to the factory default settings. All the routers come with a hidden button to reset. In order to reset the router to the factory settings, you will have to hold the button with the help of a needle for at least 10 seconds.
- If you do not change the username and the password, you can find a list of default router usernames and passwords.
Setting Up The Repeater
Connecting to a wlreless device without a wire
- 1. Check your computer to see if the computer’s İP settings are in automatic mode. If not, change it to automatic.
- 2. Use one of LAN1, LAN2, LAN3, LAN4 ports of the device and connect it to your computer by Ethernet cable.
- 3. Type 192.168.1.1 in the address bar and push enter. AP/Router/Repeater interface will be come up on the screen. (User Name: admin Password: admin)
- 4. Choose “Advanced” optlon on the interface page.
- 5. A page will come up on the screen for “advanced settings”
- 6. On the left menu , flrst choose “network” option , then “ WAN” option.
- 7. Choose ’wireless” option from WAN type part and click on “AP Scan“ option located in the “WISP Setting”
- 8. A list that shows wireless Networks will come up on the screen. Choose a device that you want to connect and click on “ Connect”. (If there is not the modem which you want to connect in the list, put your device in a more open area)
- 9. After that process, type the password of your modem in the “Password” box and click on “Save”
- 10. You can check your connection status through ”Status” option on the left. If there is no connection click on “Connect” on the “Connection Status” part. (You might need a few minute to connect your device to the modem)
- 11. After all these process, your device will be connected to the modem wirelessly, distribute wireless or wired internet connection.
192.168.0.1 – 192.168.o.1 Login – Admin
Similar to a number of D-Link and Netgear routers, 192.168.0.1 is another IP address, which is similar to that of 192.168.1.1 or 10.0.0.1. It is actually a private IPv4 network address, which can be used with a home router, for using it as a default gateway. The router should use the IP address 192.168.0.1 to keep away conflicts.
The way to log in
- In order to access the management console of your router, you can copy http://192.168.0.1 into the address bar or the URL address bar of your web browser.
- Once you open the admin panel, you will have to log into the panel with the username and the password. In case you forget the default username and the password, you can find the list of them provided here.
- Once you get access to the management panel, you can set a number of items like DNS, IP allocation on DHCP, routing with a number of additional options.
The reason I’m unable to access
If you find of them connecting to the IP address, you should first ensure that the router’s IP address is 192.168.0.1. A lot of people make a mistake between O and 0, as a result of which, they enter 192.168.O.1 or 192.168.0.1.1 instead of the original IP address. If you forgot the default IP address, you can find a list of IP addresses, on an article on how to find IP address for different operating systems. Even if the default gateway is 192.168.0.1 but it still doesn’t open, you will have to check that whether any firewall or antivirus is blocking it.
Changing the router password
If you have already gained access to the admin panel, by typing the default gateway address and entering the username and the password, you can easily change the username and password. You will have to go to the administrative tab, where there will be an option to change password. Type the new password twice and that place.